Tuesday, December 01, 2009

-Ly Is The New Exclamation Point

As with exclamation points, adverbs should still be handled with care.

This is my postcard from Adverbia. Photo by Eric, haiku and font by me. (The font was made using YourFonts.com, which I totally recommend for easy, inexpensive handwriting fonts.)

As you may have observed, for the first time in three years, I did not win NaNoWriMo. I did, however, write about 25,000 words of fantastic prose (well, pretty good, at least) and edit two thirds of last year's NaNo novel. So, I think that's pretty awesome. I shall call this a success, even if it's not a victory.

A great bunch of my wonderful buddies also did NaNoWriMo this year, so here's a shout out to those who tried -- 'tis better to try and fail than to never have tried at all. And to those who won: You rock!

No comments: